flèche avantflèche suivant
octobre 2014
L M Me J V S D
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
librairie
Rappel
il n'est pas nécessaire d'acquitter le droit d'entrée dans le monument pour se rendre à la librairie.

To enter the bookshop, it is not necessary to pay the entrance of the monument.
librairie
 
 
LA LIBRAIRIE DE LA CHARTREUSE | The Bookshop
Théâtre / Arts de la scène / Arts numériques / Patrimoine / Jardins / Jeunesse

 
La librairieInstallée dans l’ancienne cellule du prieur, la librairie offre au public un cadre chaleureux et intime dans lequel on peut découvrir paisiblement ses quelque 6000 titres.
Avant tout spécialisée dans les arts du spectacle pour servir au mieux les missions du Centre national des écritures du spectacle et repérée en France comme un lieu référent sur tous les aspects des écritures de la scène – théâtre, cirque, danse, marionnettes, numérique...- elle décline également dans d’autres rayons les différentes facettes de la Chartreuse : patrimoine, tourisme, jardins, jeunesse.
Beaux livres, cartes postales, liqueurs de Chartreuse, carreaux en céramique, agrémentent encore l’offre de ce lieu atypique.
 
La librairie est ouverte
— d’octobre à mars : du mardi au samedi de 11h à 12h30 et de 14h à 17h
— d’avril à septembre : du mardi au samedi de 11h à 12h30 et de 14h à 18h30
— contact : 04 90 15 24 48 ou
courriel

 

THE BOOKSHOP

Theater / Performing arts / Digital arts / Heritage / Gardens / Books for children
 
 
The bookshop is situated in one of the previous cells of the monks, built at the creation of the second Chartreuse in 1372 in St John cloister,on the ruins of the palace of Etienne d'Aubert, destroyed by a fire in 1365 ( second foundation by Pierre Selva de Montirac, cardinal of Pampelune, a nephew and successor of Innocent the VIth). The cell itself opened on the cloister and on a garden now covered with a glass-roof. That cell was the place where the last private inhabitant of the Chartreuse lived. He left the place in 1990, being the last witness of the long period of about two centuries of privatization of the Chartreuse after its sale in 1794 as a national property. The restoration started in 1989 in the aisle called the Prieur’s, at the time when the Chartreuse was granted the label of Centre National des Ecritures du Spectacle ; it consisted in settling a new reception area for the visitors of the monument and the residents of the center. The place of the bookshop at the junction of the modern reception area and the St John cloister made this service free of charge for the different people coming : the visitors of the monument, but also the public coming for exhibitions shows,readings, visits linked with artistic activities (schools , universities ,professional). Opened the whole year, the bookshop offers a lot of different publications on the Middle-Age heritage, history and architecture, gardens, regional tourism and some reference products such as Liquor of the Chartreuse, olive oil. But its main publications deal with theater and show-business in general: more than 8000 references on the history of writing-art, or the most creative aspects of performing arts, dramas , books for children,dramaturgy and stage-design, theoretical and popularizing research on the new media and the digital revolution. All that makes it a real center of information practically unique.
 
 
The Bookshop is open
— October to March : from Tuesday to Saturday 11 am to 12.3O and from 14 to 17 pm
— April to September :  from Tuesday to Saturday 11 am to 12.30 and from 14 to 18.30 pm
— Contact : 33(0)4 90 15 24 48 or librairie@chartreuse.org
 
 
 
 
 
 
presse  |   mentions légales  | partenaires  |    A+  |   A-   |